Friday, March 29, 2013

36 Weeks and Counting

Yesterday I had my 36 week appointment. It is slowly sinking in that I have less than a month until this new chapter begins.  We still need about two weeks to get everything ready for his arrival so no rushing the situation as of yet. 

The 36 week appointment reassured us that I would not be going into labor anytime soon. Baby Roe seems to be rather content for the time being. 

We have all of our Maternity Pictures now and we are both very happy how they turned out. 



How I'm Feeling:

SLOW. LARGE. Comparable to a manatee. Prelabor cramping has begun and it takes my breath away every time. Luckily I can sense it coming and brace myself but there is no stopping it. The belly is HUGE. Typing at the computer is a challenge because I have to sit further away then I would like. I can no longer eat sitting on the couch. (Pregnancy has gotten me away from the "we have to sit at the dinner table for dinner" rule). 

Sleeping is what I look forward to the least. I can't get comfortable. Obviously I can't sleep on my belly, you aren't supposed to lay on your back, it is painful to sleep on my right side, and that just leaves my left side... I wake up about every hour to either drink water or use the restroom. The past few nights Geoff has had to set his alarm for every few hours to check weather and a few times had to leave to go run irrigation at 3am. Did I mention the cat has been sleeping inside because of the cold weather AND because we have a raccoon that has been breaking into the porch, traumatizing her, making a mess and eating her food?  Geoff is bringing home a live animal trap today.... 

How I'm Changing:

Hormones are flying and I am easily offended. Two things that I am not enjoying and neither is the husband. 

As I said the belly is growing daily. Baby Roe is still head down and sizing above average. I have stopped going to the gym but have begun walking waddling slowing. I am unable to bend over and getting up and down from the floor took my breath away. Considering the bottom bar on the scale had to be moved to the next set of 50 yesterday I am looking forward to my return to the gym. 

What I'm Eating:

Last night I had my first "Husband, I really need you to run by Publix at 8pm in your sweats to get me coconut milk ice cream and make sure you get two containers just in case you decide you want any." moment. It happened. I wasn't proud. It was amazing. 

I have been cooking a ton of food lately to stock our freezer. So far I have black bean casseroles, quinoa veggie burgers, marinara sauce and red lentil soup. Cranberry Applesauce is on the list for today. I love cooking and never complain about it but I really hate the cleaning process. Only if dishes could wash themselves. "Husband, I really need you to..." is a common phrase apparently. 

Everything Else:

I am hoping to have the nursery complete and everything ready to go by the end of next weekend. We are still waiting on the glider. A few hormone motivated emails to the company made them promise it would arrive by the 2nd week of April. I ordered it in December. So much for 6 week arrival time. I am going to do a big Target run tomorrow to stock up on toiletries, the remaining baby needs, cleaning products and snacks. Geoff's mom is going to take me to Orlando next week to do a final Ikea, Destination Maternity and  Whole Foods trip. I think I will add Baby Cakes to that list.... 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, but now I want ice cream. You're getting so close!! Jay's sister found out today they're having a boy. Babies, babies everywhere :)

    Xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to really laugh when I saw your comment about the 2 containers of ice cream.... Have a similar story from being pregnant with Drew. My "request" was for Dr. Pepper. Wayne was kind enough to go get it for me. He was my hero! Still not sure why he brought a 2 liter. A couple of hours later he came in from mowing the lawn and asked where the DP was.... Yep, you guessed it.....GONE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete