Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Second Pregnancy


Dear Little One,

As I approach the end of the third trimester, I can't help but keep imagining who you are and what life has in store for you. You are entering this world as our second born son but we already know we couldn't love you more. 

This pregnancy has been uncomplicated and simple. Fingers crossed for the same with labor and delivery as well as those first few months. You are indeed an active little one in the womb, as I type I can see your movements and you often take my breath away. If you are as active as your brother, the two of you are going to have to cut your tired mom some slack. We are going to have a houseful of boys and I am sure there will never be a dull moment. 

The final weeks of pregnancy have me continually reassuring myself that everything is going to work out beautifully. There will be sleepless nights, tears and frustration had by all but our family is growing and that is a joyous thing. I feel so blessed knowing that I will be holding you in my arms soon. I am looking forward to your warm breath on my chest, your hand snug around my finger and your heart beat being the only sound I hear. 

Your brother likes to poke you in my belly and give you kisses when he sees you move. He may not always be as gentle as we would like but he will love you with all of his heart. The two of you will be best friends, sharing secrets and stirring up trouble. He will always stand up for you. 
We love you little one. We always will. 

Love,
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment