Monday, October 1, 2012

Details: Programs

DIY details became the theme of our wedding. We had 15 months to plan, craft and create. Most of my creative research came prior to be discovering pinterest.  Although I can't imagine life without that website now, it forced me to search in a more traditional way. 

One of my favorite details that you find at most weddings is the ceremony program. Besides the order of the ceremony, it typically includes information on the families, the names of the bridal party, and a description of the the songs or readings as well as what is to come next. 

I was inspired by my friend C  from 6 Petals and the rehearsal dinner invitations she did for her brother's wedding. She did something I would have never thought of: sewed paper. Her invitations turned out amazing with lots of graphic design details that are far out of my current ability but I took the sewing concept with the craft paper backing as my starting point. 



The scalloped craft paper was found at Staples and the off white paper was from Sam Flax. I chose to use a gray thread. Printed on the craft paper was a list of family members as well as our bridal party. The front page included the order of the ceremony as well as a list of songs and readings. 

The sewing process was quite simple and it became a fun bride and groom project. I sewed without stopping because there was no need to cut between each program. Geoff would line the two layers and cut between the programs as the "tail" grew. 

I was so happy with how they turned out. I wish we would have saved one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment