Friday, November 9, 2012

16 Weeks

Thursday was our 16 week appointment and today I am 16 weeks. It feels like last week I posted about our big announcement and how we decided to tell family and friends. It has been such a relief to be in the open about all of this and be able to celebrate with everyone.

Progress: 





How I'm Feeling

Better. I seem to use that word a lot lately. Trimester #1 was rough. Whoever named the nausea associated with pregnancy "morning sickness" has never experienced it. It is "after lunch sickness", "driving down the road sickness", "run as fast as you can out of the grocery store sickness" and "it's finally time to go to bed sickness". I was nauseous on average 24 hours a day. Eating made me nauseous but allowing myself to get hungry made me nauseous. It was a loosing battle. I used far too much under eye concealer to attempt to hide all of the broken blood vessels. I was a mess. 

Have you ever had mono? That was how I felt all day. I would wake up from 12 hours of sleep needing a nap. I would fall asleep mid email at my desk. I would have to pull over to power nap before driving for longer than an hour. Bedtime was around 7:30pm. Nightly. The need to nap daily has disappeared. I am still tired and fall asleep on the couch prior to prime time television but I can manage it. With a nap. 

Taking the dog for a walk around the neighborhood is my form of cardio and folding laundry is my version of strength training. Argos likes to walk slow and we manage about 2 miles a few times a week. I have included some almost daily stretches as well. My goal is to start back at the gym next week. I need to sweat. 

How I'm Changing 

My naive self thought that the biggest change at this point would be the number on the scale.  I feel like I have gained 10lbs but somehow I am still a few pounds under the weight I was when I found out I was pregnant. I blame the "morning sickness" and loss of some muscle definition. I am in most of my clothes but they are starting to get a little tight. Mostly in the chest. 

The past few days there has been a bump. I know its a baby bump and those that know I am pregnant would know its a baby bump but everyone else may think I over indulged on pizza and doughnuts. 

I think that a maternity clothes shopping trip will need to happen in the next few weeks. 

What I'm Eating

Food and I have not been the best of friends lately. I have always prided myself on eating a well balanced, vegan diet. My diet is still vegan but instead of balanced I have been focused on being able to keep it down. For the first few months, salty starches and juice were a staple to daily caloric intake. It was the best I could do. Slowly more and more vegetables, fruit and beans are appearing. I can't handle garlic or onions yet. The smell puts me over the edge but salad, broccoli and brussel sprouts have been alright. I hope that in the next few weeks I am back to eating the appropriate foods.  

Anything Else 

Baby Roe was gifted his/her first gift this week from Grandma Roe. The softest blue elephant from Anthropology. 


Tomorrow we are picking up a desk we ordered for the laundry room. This will allow us to move the computer and supplies out of the future nursery. I am looking forward to getting everything organized. Let the nesting begin. 

Next Appointment

December 6th. We find out if Baby Roe is a girl or a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment