Tuesday, November 27, 2012

18 Weeks

I have heard people say how you forget how awful portions of pregnancy were when you hold your baby for the first time. I will say that I have found myself already forgetting how awful a majority of the first trimester was. I caught myself saying how great pregnancy has been except for a persistant headache and wanting to call it a night at 7:30pm. I guess we can call this a blessing? 

Progress:




How I'm Feeling

When I have energy, I have energy but as soon as it fades I am done for the day or even a few. Weekend 17 I felt great. I painted, I baked and decorated sugar cookies, I made a veggie stew with home made biscuits and I cleaned and organized to an extent I had yet to reach in our home. I was so proud. Monday and Tuesday I was worthless. I worked remotely and caught up on computer work but that was all I could do. This taught me that I have limits no matter how great I think I feel. 

Headaches are my true battle now. Almost daily a headache will strike for a few hours. I am not one prone to migraines and have only had a few in college but they feel like the first few hours of a migraine. Loud noises, bright lights and intense concentration hurt. I am really trying to avoid having to take anything and keeping with my pre-pregnancy mindset of if something hurts that means something is wrong so fix it. Intense hydration and a dark place to lay down seems to help. 

I have started back working out again. I am taking boot camp style classes a few days a week. Between not working out for the entire first trimester and being pregnant, I am not nearly in as good of shape as I was. This was REALLY hard to accept at first but I know I have to modify a few things and not over exert myself. Its nice to have sore muscles again. 

How I'm Changing

There is a bump! The picture above shows it slightly. It is very noticeable to me and those that know my pre-pregnancy body, others may thing that I am just a few pounds over weight. Its there and it is growing. The past few days I have had growing pains in the lower sides of my belly and apparently that is the ligaments stretching. My dear friend Nicole is a few weeks ahead of me and she said that it was only a matter of days after the pains that she popped out.

I am currently still in most of my clothes but I have accepted that this will not last too much longer. Shirts are getting tight in the chest, jeans need to be unbuttoned by the end of the day and my workout clothes are a little too clingy. I made a few maternity clothes purchases thanks to Cyber Monday last night. Gap was having a 60% off selected items and I purchased a few t-shirts, a dress, and jeans and I also splurged on a pair of Joe's jeans that were on sale with an additional 30% off. Having to complete Christmas shopping and buying a new wardrobe at the same time isn't going to fare well on the credit card this month. 

What I'm Eating

My mentality has switched from what I can eat to what I still can't eat and I am grateful. I was able to eat four dishes at Thanksgiving plus dessert. If Thanksgiving was a month ago, I would have had dessert if I was lucky. I am still avoiding the garlic/onion combination when I am cooking at home as well as green beans. I started eating marinara sauce again and everything else that I would previously eat. I have had a strong craving for cream cheese and bagels which I haven't eaten in 8 years and I did eat way too many Jelly Belly's this weekend. I used to not eat any white sugar or corn syrup and I will continue this but there was no turning them down. Sour Blueberry was amazing. 

Anything Else

My mom surprised me with a box of items that were both mine and hers from childhood. 

Everyone is anxiously awaiting the gender. I REALLY want to get started on the nursery but have to wait another week and a half. 

Planning has begun for our gender reveal party. I want to wait and find out with everyone that night but Geoff wants to find out at the doctor. We have a week to decide. 

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! So cool! I am so glad you wrote this post. Are you going to do a bump photoshoot? I hope I'm as cute as you are when I'm prego. :)

    P.S. I think you and Geoff should find out together first, before you share the news with us. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete