Tuesday, December 11, 2012

20 Weeks

I can't believe I have hit the half way mark. Twenty down, twenty to go. This was a BIG week for us. We had the 20 week ultrasound and gender reveal. We are happy to announce that everything went well and we have a healthy mom and 12 ounce baby. 


How I'm Feeling:

I have been great these past few weeks. I still find myself exhausted at the end of the day but have no trouble getting through day to day activities. I actually took a pre-baby trip to visit my friend C (6 petals) up in VA this weekend. The trip included long walks, shopping, pampering, eating, friendly croquet competition, kayaking, a little wedding planning and relaxing. It was great to get away and see a good friend because who knows when I will be able to sneak away on the weekend like that again. 

How I'm Changing: 

Maternity clothes are my best friend. I am still able to fit in a small percentage of my clothes but I don't know why I bother. Thanks to Cyber Monday sales and many upcoming holiday parties, I finally invested in some maternity basics. They are comfortable and make me look pregnant instead of a few pounds over weight. 

At my 20 week appointment I was the same weight as my 8 week appointment and the nurse showed some concern. At the time I just listened to her suggestions and we moved ahead with the appointment. A few hours later, I began to stress the situation. HOW have I not gained weight when very few of my clothes fit and there is an obvious baby bump?! I know I have been eating well and not over doing my exercise program. THEN it hit me.  Pre-pregnancy I was doing Crossfit and building muscle, muscle weighs more than fat. I have loss some muscle mass and everything weight wise has balanced out.  It may have taken a piece of chocolate cake to figure this out. I now feel better and plan on continuing with an active, healthy plant based pregnancy. 

What I'm Eating:

I am back to my normal eating ways and my appetite has returned. There have been a few days that I have over done it with massive salads of raw vegetables and beans and paid for the fiber overdoes later in the day but it will return to normal soon. Anything roasted and salted is my favorite and baked sweet potatoes occur a few times a week.   We have bowls of tomatoes that I need to figure out multiple ways to eat them. The timing is good. 

Anything Else:

I have made two baby purchases that I will share. Both clothing related and both have stripes. I find my self not a big fan of the "typical" baby boys clothes and prefer the solids, plaids and stripes. 

I have also made my design decision on the nursery. I am so excited to share the progress and our "theme". Geoff is VERY excited about the direction I am going. I have promised that I will clean out the room prior to beginning the project if he finishes our kitchen before the end of the year.... 

Marriage is all about compromise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment