Tuesday, February 19, 2013

30 Weeks

The title should read 31 weeks. I had been putting off this post because we had our 30 week appointment scheduled for Monday. 

I was really hoping to be able to share picture from that ultrasound but Baby Roe is already showing his stubborn side. We could not get him to adjust to any position that would allow for a photograph. 

The good news? He is head down! I knew all of the pressure I was feeling under my ribs HAD to be his feet. He is currently weighing in at 3 pounds 13 ounces. 

How I'm Feeling:

Boy am I tired. We made the decision for me to work part time, starting last week. We both knew I was trying to do too much and with working 50+ hours a week, co-chairing a (sold out!) 5K this Friday, trying to get the nursery ready all while trying to be a wife and take care of myself was just too much. We even hired a cleaning service that will start today. I am really looking forward to going home to a spotless house without the guilt that my husband had to clean for hours. 

 Luckily, I have been sleeping like a rock these past few weeks. Argos has also started sleeping through the night. He went through a phase that he was waking up multiple times at night whining to go outside as well as scratching and licking himself constantly. We have added a skin and coat supplement to his dinner as well as giving him a half of an avocado a few times a week. The combination of the two has nearly eliminated the problem. 

My back is starting to ache and I am assuming the belly is the reason. I am going to continue my workouts for as long as I am physically capable. I am hoping that keeping my back strong will help during labor and recovery. I also bought an exercise ball. It was suggested at our birthing class to relieve pressure in the hips and back. 

How I'm Changing:

The belly is starting to out grow a few of my maternity tops. Geoff's gym shorts are becoming a whole lot more comfortable then any that I own. I just know that my belly button wants to pop out. I have not started swelling but everyone tells me this will be the next step. 

Baby Roe is a very active baby. Whenever I am sitting or laying down and especially after I finish a sweet meal the movements begin. Sometimes they even take my breath away. I am now able to distinguish between Braxton Hicks contractions and his movements. The Braxton Hicks can be pretty intense and painful so I can only imagine how actual contractors are going to be. 

What I'm Eating:

I have been working really hard to improve my diet. Even with the crazy schedule I have been cooking healthy, hearty meals almost nightly. The garden has had an abundance of produce that I am trying to eat before it all goes bad. 

I am hungry often and when the hunger strikes it is fierce but luckily it does not require a large portion to fill me up. 

Everything Else:

Birthing classes went very well. We both learned a ton. I think it Geoff attempts half of the relaxation techniques he will be injured. He has been warned. 

We have our baby CPR class next week.

Geoff even booked us a mini babymoon for next month. I am so excited. Now to find a swim suit that fits for the lazy river..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment