Monday, February 4, 2013

28 Weeks

Well hello third trimester. I have anxiously been awaiting your arrival. I will have to say that I felt great for a large majority of my second trimester and had a lingering fear that my third trimester was going to be rough. I have known for months that I was going to have an extremely full plate in February. Multiple events and a long to do list are keeping me very busy. Only four days in I am grateful that February is the shortest of the months. It will all be downhill from there... 

Yesterday was my good friend Nicole's baby shower. Her due date is only a few weeks before mine and she is having a little girl. Baby girl clothes are precious. All the bows, pokadots and shades of pink you could ever imagine. We still have six weeks until our shower but I know that I won't be unwrapping any tutus. Someday.


The picture is blurry but it is so much fun to have friends that are experiencing pregnancy at the same time. 

How I'm Feeling:

Exhaustion is setting it.  I am struggling with my inability to be productive all day. I have never been able to relax during the day and am forcing myself to take ten minute breaks to put my feet up and do nothing. I have been crashing earlier and earlier each night and dreading the 5am morning wake up call. 

I am still attending boot camp a few days a week. Exercise feels good but my modifications have been increasing at each workout. I really need to buy a few maternity outfits to workout in.  I am starting to pop out. I keep threatening to workout in a sports bra so I do not have to keep pulling down my shirt. Not happening. 

How I'm Changing:

I know I am going to say this at every update from here on out but I feel HUGE. I bump into everything. My belly has turned on the oven and the blender, both on multiple occasions. It is also impossible to keep clean. Dirt, food and who knows what else is a consistent accessory to my outfit. 

I am now to a point that people do not question whether or not I am pregnant. It is obviously a big baby bump. People seem to be shocked when I say how far along I am expecting me to be larger. I feel that people have a misconception with pregnant ladies and assume that we will always look like we are 9 months pregnant. Thank goodness we don't. I thought it was hard getting off the couch now...

What I'm Eating:

I seem to be 100% back to normal when it comes to food. My sweet tooth has increased and I am guilty of reaching for sweets when I start to get tired. Comfort foods and starches are making regular appearances on our weekly menu and the olive oil bottle is decreasing at a rapid rate. 

When I get hungry I find that I need to eat quickly before my blood sugar drops. I try to keep snacks on me at all times. 

The grocery store is a very dangerous place for me. Whole Foods is the worst. I think I need everything while I am there and quickly fill the cart with "snacks". 

Everything Else:

The nursery is coming along and I promise to share pictures. 

I took the glucose test at the last appointment and will find out tomorrow what my results were. 

We take our birthing class this weekend. Its a full day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment