Thursday, January 17, 2013

26 Weeks

These past two weeks have flown by. I am thrilled to report that our doctors appointment went really well health wise. Neither of us were thrilled to sit in a waiting room for nearly two hours to see a doctor for less than 10 minutes but I would rather that be the case and get a clean bill of health. The only concern the doctor had was my low blood pressure. I have always had below the average range but never showed symptoms  I still do not have any symptoms (fainting, seeing stars or light headed) but she requested that I drink a Gatorade daily. This is harder than it sounds. I can not find a flavor that does not gross me out. Too many watered down Gatorades in the volleyball days and my dislike of anything artificially flavored has proved challenging so I am looking for an alternative.  

We also took a tour of the birthing center. That made everything seem so real. We even got to see a baby that was born only a few hours prior. So tiny! 

For this weeks progress picture, Geoff surprised me with a trip to a lake north of where we live. The 80 degree weather and sunshine on our pale winter skin was the perfect stress relief. 



How I'm Feeling:

I still feel great. My energy level is still high and I am still able to go to bootcamp a few days a week. I am using lighter weights then before I was pregnant and having to modify a few exercises to prevent injury to me or the baby but I feel strong. It helps with the aches and pains that are typically associated with pregnancy as well as helps me sleep at night. 

The need to use the restroom as often as I am is exhausted. I feel that my day is planned around going to the restroom. If I have to be in the car for longer than an hour or in a long meeting I know I will have to stop at a gas station or excuse myself from the table. Jumping Jacks are out of the question as well.

How I'm Changing:

I feel like my belly is HUGE and doesn't stop growing. I have been attempting to schedule maternity pictures and they suggest waiting at least another month so that you can see the belly but there is no missing it. I bump into everything and need to avoid light colored tops. Somehow  there is always a line of some sort across my belly. 

My emotions are starting to come on strong as well. I have to be very careful about what I watch on TV or read about. I saw a homeless man with a dog and instantly went inside the gas station and bough a few cans of dog food for his companion and snacks for him. When I handed it to him he nearly cried which instantly got me started. 

What I'm Eating:

I feel all I do is eat. My portions are smaller than I am used to because I fill up very fast but I am hungry again two hours later. I carry snacks with me at all times because when I get hungry, I get grumpy and can't focus. 

Have you seen the Target commercial where the lady is ripping open a variety of foods and vitamins. I feel like that is me. "What baby wants, baby gets" That commercial terrifies my husband. 

Everything Else:

I still need to share our nursery progress. I am so happy with the progress thus far and plan on working on it this weekend. 

I worked on our baby registries as well. Baby's need so much and there is so much to learn and research. I am loving the advice from our family and friends. 

Did you know there is a product called MilkScreen? Google it. It made me feel so much better about the fact that I know I will need a glass of wine upon occasion. 

We officially picked a name. We have decided to keep it a secrete for now. I am terrified I am going to let it slip.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment