Thursday, May 7, 2015

Charlie: Month 3



Dear Charlie,


You are a smiling, cooing three month old. You still like to scream but you have become more of a content baby. You are now able to sooth yourself by sucking on your hand or fingers but boy does that make you drool. You may have more outfit changes than your brother. The laundry is never ending! 

This was the first month that I had you and your brother all day, every day. We made it work but it was exhausting and tears were shed by all three of us. Your brother would be upset because we couldn't go outside and play and then you would be upset when your meal was cut short by your brother needing attention.  Luckily for you and me, your brother took a two to three hour nap every afternoon. This gave us time for cuddling and napping on the couch. I know your brother is going to be so excited once you are strong enough to play with him. 

You still hate the carseat when it is in the car. When the carseat is clipped into the stroller for quick errands you don't seem to mind it as much. Maybe it is because you like seeing the world around you? I tend to wear you in one of the baby carriers when we go for our morning walk while I push your brother in the jogging stroller. I am looking forward to you being able to sit in the double stroller with him. I also tend to wear you when we are out running errands or when I am attempting to clean up around the house.

There are times when you are completely content sitting in the Rock and Play (which you are about to grow out of) or laying on the floor or bed but more often then not you want to be held. 

You are starting to bat at the toys on your play mat and on your carseat and quickly caught on to their sound making abilities. You are able to grab and shake a rattle as well as hold on to small stuffed animals. You like gripping a blanket or my shirt and sucking on it until it is drenched with your drool. 

We know you are so close to being able to laugh. We can see it in your face when you find something funny but the laugh hasn't surfaced. There is nothing better than a baby belly laughing. I think your dad and I have an unspoken competition on who can make you laugh first. He won with Harper. He can be pretty darn goofy. 

Bath time is your second favorite activity after nursing. I am looking forward to in another month or so getting you into a warm swimming pool. I know you will love it. Soon enough it will be time for swim lessons. We just finished your brother's lessons and after screaming at every lesson last year he actually enjoyed it this year. I have a feeling you are going to scream as much as he did... That being said we may wait until next spring to start your lessons. 

I can already tell this next month is going to be a fun one full of milestones and smiles.

I love you Charlie Ash. I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment