Saturday, November 14, 2015

Dear Charlie: 9 months


Dear Charlie,

This has been a huge month for you! You have become such a speedy crawler! You definitely have your own style but it works for you and is so adorable to watch. It is amazing how quickly you can get across the house. You also are able to pop right up into a standing position and even cruise across the couch or coffee table. All of our absolute favorite activity is walking around the house while you hold one of my hands and of of your brother's hands. You are so proud of your self. I bet you will be walking by Christmas! 

I would have to guess that you have doubled your intake of solids this month. Luckily, your dad's garden is in full bloom to allow you unlimited supply of yellow squash and green beans. After you have had your fair share of finger foods at each meal I then offer you a pouch. For a few months I was unsuccessfully spooning the food to you but now you want to hold it yourself and slurp it right up. You still make a huge mess when you eat! So much food gets stuck in all of your rolls.

We went to the doctor last week for your nine month checkup and a flu shot. Your stats are off the chart. You are weighing in at 24 pounds and 2 ounces. Needless to say, the doctor is very happy with your growth. 

Since you are such a big baby, we had to upgrade you to the next carseat. There was no way I was going to be able to keep getting you in and out of the infant seat. Brother thinks its so neat that you both have the same seat. I know you are more comfortable in it. The only negative has been that when you do fall asleep, I have to attempt to unbuckle and move you or just let you stay in the car. 

Napping has continued to go great in the crib. You regularly take three naps a day. Typically two thirty-ish minute and one around an hour. I figured you would drop the morning nap by now but most days you are awake by 6am and ready for a nap by 9am. The second nap is after your early lunch and then we aim for the third by 4pm. You are able to sleep in the jogging stroller now so when the weather is nice I try to have you take the morning nap outside. 

Nighttime sleeping continued to be rough this month but as we neared the end I saw some progress. You were still waking up every few hours. I try to let you cry for a few minutes and upon occasion you will adjust and get back to sleep but most times the crying just gets more intense and I try to grab you before your dad and brother wake up. 

You are up to seven teeth! Seven teeth you like to bite with. Eeeeek. 

You say DaDa, GoGo and MaMa currently which is so exciting. You are babbling constantly. 

You still like to be carried but don't like to be held or cuddled. I take advantage at night when you are sleepy! 

I love you Charlie Ash. I always will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment