Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our Attempted Rehearsal

The day prior to our wedding I woke up not feeling 100%. At this point I thought it was just nerves. Not nerves about getting married of course but nerves of there being over 100 people in attendance to see ME. Even though my childhood nickname was princess. I prefer NOT to be the center of attention. 


I swear I hate to be the center of attention bunny costume and all....

But back to the not feeling 100%... I had scheduled a hair and make up appointment that morning for my mom and myself. I love my mom to death but her driving + the mountain roads typically = car sick. I then blamed my headache and nausea on that. 

When we arrived to the venue it got worse but adrenaline and seeing my bridesmaids allowed me to begin the decorating process.

Adrenaline only last so long. I was done for. Chills, headache, nausea (& what comes with it), and total exhaustion. I couldn't move. All I wanted to do was go to bed. 

With my dad basically carrying me down the aisle I made it through the first round of the rehearsal then I was done. The look of fear on Geoff's face made it even worse. 

Our photographer Kirsten from Spotted Dog Photography was there to "capture" the moment...

Geoff & His Mom.

My Parents.

I'm sure my dad is telling me "It's all in your head..." 

What to do... 

I think he was supporting 80% of my body weight.

Our beautiful bridal party.

Geoff's dad taking charge of his reading.

Notice the chair? Just in case...

Somehow all smiles.

My bridesmaids with their pinwheels. 

The weather was perfect and everyone was in high spirits but I was ready for it to all be over. A quick power nap occurred then it was time for the bridal tea... 

PS. My dress is Lilly Pulitzer if you were woundering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment