Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blueberries.

Stepping away from wedding posts for a moment, I wanted to share a little bit about Geoff's family. I have mentioned before that they are in agriculture primarily citrus but throughout the years they have broadened their scope. They have a juice line called Noble that specializes in tangerine juice but has a lemonade that is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. They also repack a variety of fruits and vegetables that may have gotten turned down by the grocery store for being to heavy, light, or over ripe as well as resize the packages. There most recent venture is blueberries. 

Pre-Geoff, I was not a blueberry fan. I had tried them fresh a few times as a kid and always remembered them being mushy and of course tried them in super processed blueberry muffins and them tasting fake. Which they apparently were but that is beyond the point. I am now a huge fan and can't get enough. Nothing beats a perfectly ripe, perfectly sweet blueberry. Not even chocolate. 

The reason for me sharing this is that earlier this year America's Heartland to our town and filmed an episode on Geoff's family and their involvement in the blueberry industry. It's only a few minutes long but worth viewing. I am so proud of them for everything they have accomplished. 

Enjoy. 

America's Hearthland- Florida Blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment