Monday, September 24, 2012

The Guys

One of my favorite sets of pictures to look through are the ones of the guys before the ceremony. All of the girls were busy getting ready and oblivious to what was going on outside. 


The decision of what the groom and groomsmen were going to wear was not an easy one. From the beginning, I made the assumption that they would be in gray suites with ecru shirt and hopefully bow ties in non-matching colors.  This is obviously not what happened and this is for the better. Geoff, his parents and myself took a trip to Jos A Bank to look for suits. I HATED all of the gray suites and the idea of suites in general. I had to remind myself that it was a noon wedding outside and I couldn't recall the last time I saw Geoff in a suite. 


This lead to a "now what?!" situation and I could tell the Groom was not enjoying myself. The next step was to ask him to pick out one thing he liked. This happened to be the pants: summer-y khaki slack.  Then we found the bow ties. They were the same color and almost the same material as the bridesmaid dresses. Done. Up next was a simple gray and white faint check shirt. I was nervous about the shirts because my wedding dress was an off white and I didn't want it to appear dingy next to his shirt. Was not an issue. The jackets came last and we loved them. They are a thinner material and unlike typical blue blazers they had dark bronze not shinny gold buttons.


We were set and I was thrilled. The perfect southern, summer wedding attire. Geoff even got to wear his boots. 


I loved being able to see the outfits come together. I also loved seeing the nerves he had in the pictures. His groomsmen didn't seem nervous at all... 


This is Andy. Fraternity pledge class brother. College roommate. Currently lives in Hawaii.


This is Billy. Fraternity pledge class brother. College roommate. Lives in Atlanta. 


This is Alex. Fraternity pledge class brother. Great friend. Lives in Atlanta. 


This is Kyle. They grew up in Florida together. He now lives in Georgia. 


This is Eric. Cousins and childhood best friends. Work together in Florida. 


This is Gee. Older brother. Work together in Florida. 


I was grateful the sunglasses came off for the ceremony :) 


Geoff got to spend some time with his family before the ceremony. It was a great opportunity for pictures as well as words of encouragement. I hope!


A few weeks later I complimented Geoff on his groomsmen all being ready on time and ready to go. Apparently he told them they had to be ready an hour earlier than required. Well that is a way to make sure the day runs smoothly :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment