Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dear Harper: Week 6



Dear Harper,

We have had a fun, relaxing long weekend at the beach with your Florida grandparents.  I will admit that I was a little nervous leading up to our trip. Every time this week that I have had you in your car seat you have not been a happy little guy. We went walking with a friend and halfway around the lake, you decided to let everyone know that you wanted out. As soon as I picked you up you were as content as can be. I now know that I can walk over a mile and a half with you in my arms.

I brought you to a girls night this week and all of the girls just adored you. Towards the end of the night, you just wanted to scream. I had you calmed down and then we walked past a mirror and the screaming started up again. My friends said they didn’t mind but we headed home and I hit nearly every reflector in the road to sooth you.

You were so amazing on the car ride to the beach. You slept all but the last thirty minutes but those were a long thirty minutes for your dad and I. You were happy to be all settled in and soon after we arrived you got to meet your dad’s cousin’s baby girl Ashton. She is four weeks older than you and absolutely adorable. We sat you both together for a little photo shoot. Nearly 100 pictures later and I don’t think the two of you ever looked at the camera at the same time. It is going to be so much fun having her near when you are growing up. Geoff’s aunt, uncle and grandma joined us for dinner. We got lots of pictures of the four generations. I am so grateful that we live near family and you will be raised knowing them so well. They love you so already. Your great grandma loves to have little chats with you.
Your dad and I had our first night out since you were born. Our friends got married in the same town as the beach house and your grandparents babysat you. We missed you dearly and came home before the dancing began.

The beach has been treating you well. You are sleeping over five hours and one night even six hours at night and even taking most of your naps. You still don’t want to be put down but having extra sets of arms makes this request easier. Your grandma has been holding you while your dad and I take Argos down to the beach. You are a little too young to enjoy the beach but we have been walking with you in the Ergo every morning.

It wont be long until we are chasing you in the water and stopping you from eating sand.


I love you Harper. I always will. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment