Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dear Harper: Week 11


Dear Harper,

There is no doubt that this was a week that your dad and I will never forget. I did something that I always thought I would never do: bring an infant on an airplane. I feel like there is always the token screaming baby on every flight and I always though the parents were crazy for attempting such a feat. I was one of those parents and trust me the anxiety leading up to that first flight was high. At this point, I know the "tricks" to calm you down but almost all include signing, dancing, walking or bouncing. All things that aren't really acceptable in an airplane. I should have known that you wouldn't need me to bust out the Bear Went Over the Mountain while line dancing in the aisle. You were such a trooper. Not a single cry. You slept for 90% of both flights. I was thrilled. There was still the token screamer on each flight and it wasn't you. Thank you! 

The destination of our travels was Asheville to visit your grandparents and to meet your Aunt Kelle. We had planned lots of outdoor activities to keep us all busy but the rain unfortunately kept us indoors for a majority of the trip. 

We took you with us out to eat a few times and once again you did great. We even went "hiking" at the (closed) golf course on the cart path and you slept the whole time. I look forward to taking you back up there once you are older and hopefully have beautiful weather. 

Another first that I wasn't so sure about this week was your first trip to a brewery. I worked at a brewery for a few years in college and upon occasion someone would bring a baby and I never understood why. Once again, now I do. There were a ton of kids there of all ages, most not wearing any shoes. We even bought you a onesie! There was a reggae band playing and between the music and the lights you took a great nap and woke up in the best mood. Your Aunt Kelle was so proud ;)  

The day before we left, your grandma had our wedding photographer over to the house to take family pictures. You loved it! Of course you looked adorable and enjoyed all of the attention. 

Your naps currently leave something to be desired. They average about 15 minutes and occur around 4 times a day and only if someone is holding you. As soon as you get set down, you wake up screaming... I hope this changes soon. 

You are still waking up once a night to feed. This is completely fine with me but we are going to start trying to put you to sleep earlier and hoping that you will start sleeping a little later. Right now you go to bed around 8:30pm, wake up sometime between 2am-4am and then sleep until sometime after 6am. 

Our plan this week is to take it easy and try to get back on some sort of routine. Maybe...

I love you Harper. I always will.

Love,

Mom

Vacation pictures coming soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, H. No airplane crying! What a stud muffin. I wanna see those vacation photos :)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete